Climate change is the defining issue of our time. It particularly affects Colorado’s Third, where many local economies rely on agriculture and on the outdoor recreation industry. Reduced snowpack, drought, and catastrophic wildfires all are climate-induced and pose severe problems for our communities and for our future.
Diane knows the effects of climate change and knows what we need to do to tackle it. In Congress, she will
- work to expand environmental protections like the Methane Rule
- end fossil fuel subsidies and re-allocate those funds to renewable energy
- strengthen the incentives for renewables
- fight efforts to privatize our public lands
- ensure corporate polluters are held accountable