With colleagues from both sides of the aisle, I sponsored or co-sponsored bills to:
- lower healthcare and health insurance costs
- increase funding for rural schools and junior colleges
- expand job training programs for workers and veterans
- protect everyone’s civil and human rights
- protect Western Slope water from new trans-basin diversions
- set goals for lowering Colorado’s carbon footprint and protect public lands
- remove barriers to entry in agriculture for young ranchers and farmers
Over 80% of my bills in the State House were co-prime sponsored with rural Republicans. I’ve earned the reputation for bringing people together, working across the aisle, and focusing on practical solutions, not party ideology. Click here to read my full qualifications.
Now, I am running for Congress because our democracy has stopped working for us. Corporations and the 1% are amassing ever more wealth and power, while Coloradans are finding it harder to get by every day. Unions are under attack. Healthcare costs are bankrupting families. Our beautiful public lands are in danger of privatization and climate change is an existential threat to our planet.
In Congress, I will fight for everyone to afford the healthcare they need, keep our public lands public, expand renewable energy, invest in our infrastructure, protect Social Security and Medicare, and bring more good-paying jobs to our communities.
I will put people and communities in the district first – not corporations, lobbyists, big donors or Washington insiders. I work for you – not them, and I will be your strong voice for a more just, sustainable, and prosperous future for all.